Kelly completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Physiology and Psychology at Western University in 2012, followed by a Masters of Science in Physical Therapy from McMaster University in 2016. As a student in the McMaster Physiotherapy program, she knew that pelvic physiotherapy was where she wanted to focus her clinical practice. As a student, Kelly started taking courses to advance her knowledge in treating clients with pelvic health concerns. She continues to take courses and attend conferences to further her skills in pelvic health, pain education, acupuncture, manual therapy and soft tissue and myofascial release techniques.
Kelly uses an integrated approach to treatment, combining manual therapy, functional exercise, mind-body wellness and education to enable her patients to optimize function in their daily lives. She has a special interest in treating patients with a variety of pelvic health dysfunctions and empowering them to manage their symptoms while continuing to participate in daily life. Kelly is also passionate about sharing her knowledge about safe, functional movements with individuals of all ages and activity levels.
In her spare time, Kelly enjoys training in Olympic lifting, powerlifting and CrossFit, hiking around the GTA and doing yoga. She is the co-founder of the York Region Dragon Boat Team, a community youth dragon boat team for paddlers aged 11-24. When the waterways are not covered with ice, Kelly can often be found paddling around the GTA on her stand-up paddleboard.
Other Continuing Education Courses
- Level 1 Pelvic Health: The Physiotherapy Approach to Female and Male Urinary Incontinence (Pelvic Health Solutions - 2016)
- Level 2 Pelvic Health: The Physiotherapy Approach to Female and Male Pelvic pain (Pelvic Health Solutions - 2016)
- Level 3 Pelvic Health: Clinical Skills for Treating Pain (Pelvic Health Solutions - 2017)
- Sport Emergency First Responder (Canadian Red Cross - 2016)
- Certified Community Level Dragon Boat Coach (Dragon Boat Canada)
- Certified Competitive Level Dragon Boat Coach (Dragon Boat Canada)
Other Continuing Education Courses
- Gastrointestinal Disorders and the Pelvic Floor (Pelvic Health Solutions; Susan Clinton - 2018)
- Pediatric Incontinence and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (Pelvic Health Solutions; Dawn Sandalcidi - 2018)
- Birth Healing Summit (Institute for Birth Healing - 2018)
- Level 2 Communication (YogaFit - 2018)
- Therapeutic Neuroscience Education: Educating Patients about Pain (Pelvic Health Solutions; Adriaan Louw - 2018)
- Level 1 Foundations (YogaFit - 2018)
- The Fascial Connection to Restore Movement (Pelvic Health Solutions - 2017)
- Advanced Topics in Perinatal Care: Application of Rehabilitation Principals (Dr. Sinead Dufour - 2017)
- Pregnancy and the Pelvic Floor (Pelvic Health Solutions - 2017)
- Pelvic Girdle Pain and Pelvic Floor (Pelvic Health Solutions - 2017)
- AA1 - Foundations in Anatomical Acupuncture (Acupuncture Canada - 2017)
- The Female Athlete - Bulletproof Your Core and Pelvic Floor (Pelvic Health Solutions; Antony Lo - 2017)
- Relieving Sacro-Iliac and Pubic Pain During and After Pregnancy - Cecile Rost Course (Pelvic Health Solutions - 2017)
- Soft Tissue Release (Jim Bilotta)
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association - member since 2014
- Women's Health Division - member since 2017
- Orthopedic Division - member since 2014
- Ontario Physiotherapy Association - member since 2014
- Kelly is rostered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario to perform both acupuncture and internal vaginal and rectal assessments for both physiotherapy assessment and treatment purposes.
Proudly powered by Weebly